- Scratch Bakery
- Home of the famous “Green Hills Donuts”
- Large selection of Handcrafted Artisan breads
- Employees who will slice your bread (thick or thin)
- Bagels, rolls, and muffins
- Homemade cream cheese, garlic spread, and rye boat dip
- Fresh pizza dough for making your own pizza
- Pastries, brownies, and other baked goods found around “The Green Hills Tree”
- Homemade cookies (including the well known Half-Moons)
- Decorated cakes and cupcakes
- Custom order cakes for special occasions (choice of cake, filling, and design)
- Photo Cakes
- Special desserts (éclairs, cream puffs, puddings, cakes, pies) in our refrigerated case
- Sugar-free pies
- Specialty items provided by local vendors
- Gluten-Free products brought in for our customers who need to follow gluten free diets
The Green Hills Bakery has developed quite a reputation over the years. In fact, when people who left Syracuse return for a visit, they can’t wait to get a “Green Hills Donut”. It’s just one of the many products we’re known for at our scratch bakery. In fact, most of our items are baked right here on the premises. The Bakery will take orders for any of its products.
You’ll find a wide variety of handcrafted artisan breads, rolls, bagels, muffins, and scones. We also make our own dips, spreads, and cream cheese which go nicely with the fresh baked goods. If you need a loaf of bread sliced, our employees will be glad to do that for you. We also offer fresh pizza dough for creating your own pizza pies.
Customers can’t get enough of our cookies, which include varieties like chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and our acclaimed Half-Moons. Our Bakery also offers wonderful pastries and treats for breakfast or snacks. (The original Green Hills store was a wooden stand that stood near a tree. That site is where the bakery is now located. The tree was replicated by some Syracuse University students. Tables have been placed around this tree and display many of our baked goods.) In our refrigerated case, you’ll find mouthwatering desserts – old favorites as well as popular new items.
Our decorated cakes appeal to many in our community, old and young alike. These are always available and our employees will be glad to write on the cake for you. (Carvel Ice Cream Cakes are sold in the Bakery department too, and our employees can write on these as well, if desired) If you choose to order a cake, our bakers and cake decorators will personalize it for your special occasion (you choose the cake and filling, and share your ideas for decorations). We can also do photo cakes. Cakes are an important part of celebrations and no one is ever disappointed with a cake from the Green Hills Bakery. The guest of honor, family, and friends will thoroughly enjoy it, once they decide to slice into the creation!
We cannot bake gluten-free products on our premises for health reasons. We do, however, bring in gluten-free items for our customers who need them, so they too, can enjoy baked goods.
As a long time independent business in the community, we support other local companies and are happy to offer a place to sell their products on our Bakery shelves. These include sweet treats, dipping oils, and other items that are popular with our customers.
For the Bakery Department, call (315) 492-1707 ext. 122.