My Shopping List
Barbecue Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Basil Stuffing
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 25 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 32 fresh uncooked shrimp in shells, or frozen shrimp
+ 16 slices bacon, cut in half
+ 32 leaves basil, coarsely chopped
+ 2 tsp. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
+ 2 cloves garlic, minced
+ 3/4-1 c. bottled barbeque sauce
What to do:
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Remove shells from shrimp, leaving tails. Butterfly each shrimp by cutting a slit along its back; remove vein. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
2. For stuffing, combine basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in small bowl. Place stuffing in slits. Leaving tail exposed, wrap each shrimp with half-slice of bacon, tucking in ends.
3. Heat oven to 400°F. Place shrimp on baking sheet with tails pointing up. Bake until shrimp turn opaque, about 14 min. Drain on paper towels.
4. Dip shrimp into barbecue sauce and place on grill until sauce caramelizes or return to baking sheet and bake until sauce is caramelized, about 3 min.
* Recipe courtesy of Chris Lilly at Big Bob Gibson's www.bigbobgibson.com and National Pork Board National Pork Board. For more recipes visit www.PorkBeInspired.com
Calories: 155; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 72mg; Total Carbs: 5g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 12g; Sodium: 601mg;