My Shopping List
Pizza-Topped Scrambled Eggs
Courtesy of The incredible edible egg™
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 4 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 eggs
+ 2 Tbsp. milk
+ 1 tsp. butter
+ 2 Tbsp. pizza sauce
+ 2 Tbsp. mini pepperoni rounds or chopped pepperoni
+ 2 Tbsp. shredded mozzarella cheese
What to do:
1. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in bowl until blended.
2. Heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds.
3. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
4. Transfer eggs to microwave-safe plate. Drizzle with pizza sauce; top with pepperoni and cheese. Microwave on HIGH a few seconds, just to melt cheese. Serve immediately.
* Avoid cast iron. Eggs scrambled in a cast iron skillet can turn a greenish shade. This harmless but unappealing color change is the result of a chemical reaction between iron in the pan and sulfur in egg whites.
* Don't overcook. The heat retained in the pan will continue to cook and firm up the eggs after pan is removed from heat.
"For more ways to enjoy The incredible edible egg™, visit incredibleegg.org"
Calories: 161; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 230mg; Total Carbs: 3g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 11g; Sodium: 260mg;