My Shopping List
Pineapple Jerk Chicken and Rice
Courtesy of Every Day with Rachael Ray
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 c. Minute® Brown Rice
+ 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
+ 1 onion, chopped
+ 1 jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
+ 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in. pieces
+ salt and pepper
+ 1/2 pineapple, cut into 3/4-in. pieces (about 3 c.)
+ 1/2 c. Jerk marinade
+ 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed
+ 1/2 c. chopped cilantro
What to do:
1. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the rice, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until tender, about 30 min.; drain.
2.Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeño and cook until the onion is browned, 7 min.; transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil to the same skillet and increase the heat to medium-high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the pan and cook until browned, 5 to 7 min. Add the pineapple and jerk marinade and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 min. Stir in the onion mixture, black beans and cilantro; cook until the beans are heated through, about 1 min. Season with salt and pepper and serve over the rice.
* Use cilantro leaves and stems for texture and flavor.
* Leave in the jalapeño seeds for extra heat.
* Roll up hot leftovers in a wrap with some sour cream.