My Shopping List
Beefy French Onion Soup
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 17 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef
+ 2 cans (10-1/2 oz. ea.) condensed French onion soup
+ 1/2 tsp. dried leaf thyme leaves
+ 4 slices Swiss cheese
+ 4 slices French bread, cut 1-in. thick
What to do:
1. Heat large saucepan or nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8-10 min., breaking into 3/4-in. crumbles and
stirring occasionally. Remove from saucepan with slotted spoon; pour off drippings. Return beef to saucepan.
2. Add soup and amount of water according to soup can directions. Stir in thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 min. to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
3. Cut cheese to fit bread slices; top bread with cheese. Place bread slices on rack in broiler pan so surface of bread is 3-4 in. from heat. Broil 1-2 min. or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted and golden brown.
4. Evenly ladle soup into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 1 bread slice.
* Nutrition Information is per serving using 80% lean ground beef.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 433; Total Fat: 23g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 100mg; Total Carbs: 22g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 33g; Sodium: 1447mg;