My Shopping List
Cheesy Cod Parcels
Courtesy of UK Seafish Authority
Serve With:Servings: 4
Fresh crisp salad and cherry tomatoes.
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 (6 oz. EACH) chunky cod, haddock or coley fillets, skinned
+ 17.3 oz. pkg. puff pastry, fresh or defrosted
+ rind of 1 lemon
+ rind of 1 lime
+ 3 1/2 oz. packet of goat cheese with herbs, sliced into 4
+ salt and black pepper
+ milk or beaten egg for brushing
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Roll out pastry to a 14 x 16 in. rectangle. Cut into 4.
3. Place citrus rind in the middle of each piece of pastry. Top with cheese, season and place fish skinned side up on top.
4. Brush the edge of the pastry with milk or egg.
5. Fold over the pastry, sealing edges to form a parcel.
6. Turn over and place the parcels, sealed edges down, onto on a greased baking tray. Make a small cut into the pastry to allow steam to escape.
7. Brush with milk or egg. Bake for 30 min. until golden brown and crisp.
Courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."