My Shopping List
Heart-Healthy Power Granola Pancakes
Courtesy of Cherry Marketing Institute
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 c. dried tart cherries, chopped
+ 1/3 c. tart cherry juice
+ 2 c. low-fat pancake mix
+ 1/2 c. toasted wheat germ
+ 1 c. granola
+ 1 whole egg
+ 1/4 c. egg substitute
+ 2 c. 1% low-fat milk (or light plain or vanilla soymilk)
+ 1 tsp. almond extract
+ cooking spray
+ 3 Tbsp. sliced almonds
What to do:
1. Heat griddle. In a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, stir cherries and juice until cherries are plump and juice is absorbed. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix pancake mix, wheat germ, granola, egg, egg substitute and milk until blended.
3. Add cherries and almond extract and blend. Spray heated griddle with cooking spray.
4. Portion 1/3 c. batter onto surface, cook until bottom is golden brown, then turn and cook until golden.
5. Top with favorite syrup and sprinkle with almonds. Makes about 14 pancakes.
Calories: 160; Total Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 16mg; Total Carbs: 26g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 6g; Sodium: 176mg;