My Shopping List
Banana Muffins (Gluten-Free)
Courtesy of Gluten Intolerance Group
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 45 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 c. Gluten-Free Flour Blend ***
+ 1/2 c. brown sugar
+ 2 tsp. baking powder
+ 1 tsp. cinnamon
+ 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 c. melted butter (or applesauce)
+ 2 eggs
+ 1/2 c. milk (or milk substitute)
+ 1 c. mashed ripe bananas
+ 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
What to do:
1. Combine flour blend, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan and salt in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl mix mash banana and mix in eggs, applesauce, and milk.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients. Stir in chopped walnuts, if desired.
4. Spoon into oil sprayed muffin pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
*** To make your own blend:
* 6 c. Brown or White Rice Flour
* 2 c. Potato Starch
* 1 c. Tapioca Flour
*** For 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend:
* 1/2 c. rice flour
* 1/2 c. cornstarch
* 1/2 c. tapioca starch/flour
* 1 Tbsp. potato flour
* Courtesy of: Gluten Intolerance Group
Visit www.gluten.org to learn more about gluten intolerance
Calories: 197; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 46mg; Total Carbs: 28g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 184mg; Potassium: 164mg;