My Shopping List
Turkey Burgers with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Courtesy of National Turkey Federation
Serve With:Servings: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 turkey patties
+ 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
+ 1 tsp. lemon pepper
+ 1 tsp. onion powder
+ 1/2 c. plain low-fat yogurt
+ 1/3 c. chopped cucumber
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 2 pita pocket breads, halved and warmed
+ 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 thin slices
What to do:
1. Combine basil, lemon pepper and onion powder in a small bowl.
2. In another small bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, salt and 1 tsp. herb mixture. Set aside.
3. Place turkey patties in pan. Sprinkle lemon pepper/onion mixture over both sides of patties.
4. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat for 5 min.
5. Place patties in hot skillet and cook 6-8 min., turning once. Patties should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F.
6. Place a burger in each pita half. Add two tomato slices and yogurt sauce as desired.
Riesling/Rhine, Chardonnay, Beaujolais