My Shopping List
Breakfast Ham Focaccia
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Serve With:Servings: 8
Fresh fruit slices and freshly brewed coffee or tea.
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1-12-in. round or square focaccia (Italian flat bread), split horizontally
+ 3/4 c. mascarpone cheese (3-oz.)
+ 2 Tbsp. finely chopped bottled roasted red sweet peppers
+ 2 tsp. snipped fresh rosemary
+ 6 eggs
+ 1/4 c. water
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/8 tsp. pepper
+ 1 Tbsp. butter
+ 16 slices deli ham, thinly sliced
+ 1 recipe Asiago Cheese Sauce (see below)
+ Snipped fresh rosemary or parsley (optional)
What to do:
1. Preheat broiler. Broil cut sides of focaccia until toasted. Remove from broiler.
2. In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, roasted peppers and rosemary. Spread some of the mascarpone mixture on each half of the focaccia. Cut each half of the focaccia into 4 wedges or squares.
3. Meanwhile, with a whisk or fork, in a medium bowl, beat eggs, water, salt and pepper together until combined. In a 10-in. skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set. Cook for 4-5 min. more or until eggs are cooked through but still moist, lifting and folding often to assure eggs cook evenly. Remove from heat; keep warm.
4. To assemble focaccia, broil cheese-topped wedges or squares for 2 min. Top each with 2 slices of ham and some of the scrambled egg mixture. Spoon some of the Asiago Cheese Sauce over each wedge or square. If desired, garnish with additional snipped rosemary or parsley.
* Asiago Cheese Sauce: In a small saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp. butter over medium heat. Stir in 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Stir in 1 c. half & half or light cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Cook and stir for 1 min. more. Stir in 3/4 c. grated Asiago cheese until melted. Makes about 1 1/4 c. sauce.
* The combination of focaccia, cheese and roasted red sweet pepper topped with cooked ham slices and scrambled eggs is sure to wake up and wow friends and family with its unexpected blend of flavors.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Champagne, Riesling/Rhine, Gewürztraminer
Calories: 517; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 216mg; Total Carbs: 50g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 72g; Sodium: 883mg;