My Shopping List
One-Pot Taco Pasta
Courtesy of Kraft Kitchens
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 35 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
+ 1 yellow onion, chopped
+ 1 c. each chopped red and yellow peppers
+ 1 clove garlic, minced
+ 1 Tbsp. chili powder
+ 3 c. water
+ 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
+ 3 c. wagon wheel pasta, uncooked
+ 1/2 c. frozen corn
+ 1 c. KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
+ 1 green onion, diagonally cut into thin slices
What to do:
1. Brown meat with yellow onions in nonstick Dutch oven or large deep nonstick skillet. Add peppers; cook 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and chili powder; cook 1 min.
2. Add water and sauce; stir. Bring to boil. Stir in pasta; cover. Simmer 15 min. or just until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn; cook 3 to 4 min. or until heated through.
3. Top with cheese and green onions.
* Substitute: Substitute chopped fresh cilantro for the sliced green onions.
* Special Extra: Add 1 chopped canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce with the chili powder.
* Substitute: Prepare using your favorite small shaped pasta, such as penne or fusilli.
* Recipe courtesy of Kraft Kitchen
Calories: 380; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Total Carbs: 44g; Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 28g; Sodium: 580mg;