My Shopping List
Steak, Green Bean and Tomato Salad
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 8 Min.
Marinate: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 in. thick
+ 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat or regular balsamic vinaigrette, divided
+ 2-1/2 c. fresh green beans (2-in. pieces)
+ 1 to 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
+ 1 c. grape tomatoes
+ salt and pepper
+ 1 package (6 oz.) fresh baby spinach
+ 1/4 c. shaved Parmesan cheese
+ 1/4 c. sunflower seeds or toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
What to do:
1. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine 2 tablespoons dressing and beef in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add green beans and 1 teaspoon oil; stir-fry 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender and tomatoes begin to brown slightly. Remove from skillet; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Keep warm.
3. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to same skillet, if needed; add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
4. Divide spinach evenly among four plates. Top with beef and vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese and sunflower seeds, if desired. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup dressing.
* Cook's Tip: Any variety vinaigrette may be substituted for balsamic vinaigrette.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 255; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 56mg; Total Carbs: 9g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 30g; Sodium: 389mg;