My Shopping List
Spicy Pork Quesadillas
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1/2 lb. ground pork
+ 1/4 c. onion, diced
+ 1 clove garlic, minced
+ 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
+ 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
+ 1/2 jalapeno chile, minced*
+ 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
+ 4 10-in. flour tortillas
+ 1/4 c. Cheddar cheese, OR jack cheese, grated
What to do:
1. In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork with onion and garlic until browned; drain off any drippings and remove to large bowl. Stir cumin, oregano, jalapeno and cilantro into pork mixture.
2. Wipe out skillet with paper towel and heat over medium-high heat. Place one tortilla in skillet; top with half of the pork mixture, spreading evenly, and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. of cheese. Top with another tortilla and cook on one side until nicely browned (about 2-3 minutes), pressing down occasionally on top tortilla (using a spatula or, carefully, your hand). Turn and brown the other side, remove to cutting board and cut into 8 wedges. Repeat process to make 8 more quesadilla wedges. Serve with salsa, if desired.
* Wear rubber gloves when handling hot chiles. servings.
* Kids 12 and older love making these savory tortilla sandwiches. Perfect for any party occasion, having a teenager man the skillet keeps the operation smooth---as each quesadilla is ready to cut into wedges, guests will be ready for more. These also make a perfect casual family supper.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 280; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 30mg; Total Carbs: 28g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 18g; Sodium: 430mg;