My Shopping List
Watermelon Sandwich Wraps
Courtesy of National Watermelon Promotion Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ Wraps: wheat, flour, spinach or sun dried tomato
+ Spreads: chive cream cheese, hummus, guacamole, Greek yogurt
+ Meats: turkey, ham, chicken breast, roast beef or pepperoni
+ Sauces (marinades and salad dressings): BBQ ranch, pesto, Thai peanut sauce, teriyaki, ginger
+ Cheeses: feta, pepper jack, mozzarella
+ Veggies and Other Toppings: watercress, olives, scallions, cilantro, romaine, jalapenos, fresh mint, basil, shredded carrots, spinach, sprouts and cucumber slices
+ 1 watermelon spear, about 1/2-in. X 1-in. wide and as long as your tortilla!
What to do:
Create your own combination or try one of ours! Start with a spread to help stick the other fillings together. Place your toppings in the center of tortilla with the watermelon spear on top. Roll tortilla over watermelon spear, tucking in all ingredients. Fasten with a toothpick if needed.
* English Tea Sandwich Wrap: flour wrap, chive cream cheese, ham, watermelon, watercress.
* Greek Tortilla: plain Greek yogurt, feta cheese, watermelon, black olives.
* Latin Watermelon Wrap: flour tortilla, ham, watermelon, cilantro, guacamole, scallions, pepper jack cheese, jalapeno.
* Southwest Chicken Wraps: corn and four tortilla, guacamole, pepper jack cheese, spicy chicken, romaine lettuce, watermelon, bacon ranch dressing, salsa.
* Watermelon Caprese: flour tortilla, pepperoni, watermelon, mozzarella, basil, pesto sauce.
* Thai Peanut Chicken: roasted chicken, Bibb lettuce, Thai peanut sauce, carrots, watermelon, cilantro, golden wrap.
* Southwest Veggie Wrap: cucumber, watermelon, cilantro, swiss cheese, bbq ranch dressing, spinach tortilla, guacamole.
* Mid Eastern Veggie Wrap: hummus w/ pine nuts, mint, thin cucumber slices, watermelon, golden wrap.
* Ginger Chicken Wrap: wheat wrap, teriyaki ginger sauce, chicken, sprouts, watermelon, sweet chili and ginger, Bibb lettuce.
* Hawaiian Wrap: spinach wrap, pineapple cream cheese, sweet chile with ginger, ham, watermelon, cilantro.
* The only ingredient that's a must is a spear of watermelon! Try watermelon in lieu of tomato on
these sandwiches. You can play with different types of lunch meats, cheeses, spreads or sauces, and of course, veggies galore!
* Recipe Courtesy of The National Watermelon Promotion Board