My Shopping List
Seared Florida Swordfish Steaks with Arugula and Peach Salsa
Courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood & Aquaculture
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 6 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 6-oz. swordfish steaks
+ 2 large peaches, pit removed and diced small
+ 1 lime, juiced
+ 1/2 red onion, diced small
+ 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 10 oz. arugula
+ 1 lemon, juiced
+ sea salt to taste
+ fresh ground pepper to taste
What to do:
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine diced peaches, lime juice, diced red onion, cilantro, and 1 tsp. olive oil. Stir ingredients to combine. Taste salsa and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Keep refrigerated until use.
2. Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp. of olive oil to the sauté pan. Lightly season both sides of the swordfish steaks with salt and pepper. Carefully add the seasoned swordfish steaks to the sauté pan and cook for about 3 min. on each side or until swordfish is cooked throughout. Remove swordfish from pan and let drain on a paper towel.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl add the arugula, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss the arugula to coat and season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. To serve, place an even amount of arugula on each of the four plates. Place a swordfish steak on top of the arugula on each plate. Top the swordfish steaks with an even amount of peach salsa. Serve immediately.
* Recipe Courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.