My Shopping List
Idaho® Potato Soufflé
Courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 9 Idaho® Potatoes
+ 2 c. mayonnaise
+ 1 c. shredded Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
+ 2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
+ salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
1. Wash and cut Idaho® potatoes in 1/2 (cutting the potato as if it were lying on a table from top to bottom right down the middle) and make a base by cutting the ends off of each side so the potatoes can sit flat.
2. Hollow out the larger cut side of the potato with melonballer leaving a 1/4-in. edge on sides and bottom. Blanch potatoes until soft (do not over cook).
3. Mix mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper and fill potatoes with a pastry bag.
4. Bake at 350° until mayonnaise mixture is golden brown (about 15 min. in a convection oven).
* Recipe courtesy of Chris Mark, Executive Chef, Palmetto Dunes Resort. Hilton Head Island, SC.