My Shopping List
Grilled Top Sirloin Filets with Smoky Orange Sauce
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 25 Min.
Cook Time: 17 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 to 1-1/4 lb. beef top sirloin center filets, cut 1-in. thick, tied
+ 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
+ 2 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
+ 1 tsp. smoked paprika
+ 1 clove garlic, minced
Smoky Orange Sauce:
+ 1 c. chopped orange segments
+ 1/3 c. fresh orange juice
+ 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
+ 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
+ 1-1/2 tsp. freshly grated orange peel
+ 1-1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
What to do:
1. Combine rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12-17 min. (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12-16 min. for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, prepare Smoky Orange Sauce. Combine sauce ingredients in medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Carve steaks into slices. Serve with Smoky Orange Sauce.
* To cut orange segments, cut off both ends of orange with paring knife. Stand orange on 1 cut end and slice vertically (top to bottom) to remove peel and white pith in strips. Follow curve of orange with paring knife to remove as little flesh as possible. Cut each segment free by slicing down on both sides of surrounding membranes.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 214; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 49mg; Total Carbs: 9g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 201mg;