My Shopping List
Beef Breakfast Burrito
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 12 oz. ground beef (96% lean)
+ 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
+ 1 small onion, finely chopped
+ 2 tsp. ground ancho chile powder
+ 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
+ 4 eggs, beaten (1 c. egg substitute can be substituted for beaten eggs. Omit water)
+ 2 Tbsp. water
+ 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
+ 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
+ 1/3 c. reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded Cheddar cheese
+ 4 medium spinach or plain flour tortillas (10-in. diameter), warmed
Lime-Cilantro Cream (optional)
+ 1/2 c. reduced-fat sour cream
+ 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
+ 1 Tbsp. freshly chopped fresh cilantro
What to do:
1. Combine Lime-Cilantro Cream ingredients in small bowl, if desired. Set aside.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef with bell pepper, onion, chile powder and cumin; cook 8 to 10 min., breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove beef mixture from skillet; keep warm.
3. Combine eggs, water and 1 Tbsp. cilantro in medium bowl. Spray same skillet with cooking spray. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 min. or until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, if desired. Stir in beef mixture and cheese; cook 1 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
4. Spoon beef mixture evenly in a row across center of each tortilla, leaving 1-in. border on right and left sides. Fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling. Fold bottom edge up over filling and roll up; cut diagonally in half. Serve with Lime-Cilantro Cream and salsa, as desired.
* Nutrition information per serving, using 1 cup eggbeaters
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Calories: 429; Total Fat: 14g; Cholesterol: 59mg; Total Carbs: 41g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 34g; Sodium: 867mg;