My Shopping List
Zesty BBQ Cheeseburgers
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef
+ 1/4 c. finely chopped red onion
+ 4 Tbsp. barbecue sauce, divided
+ 4 slices white Cheddar, pepper Jack, smoked Gouda or provolone cheese
+ 4 whole wheat hamburger buns or pretzel rolls, split , toasted
+ lettuce leaves, tomato slices and red onion slices
What to do:
1. Combine ground beef, onion and 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in. thick patties.
2. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8-10 min. (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7-9 min.) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 1 min. before burgers are done, brush with remaining 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce and top with cheese.
3. Line bottom half of each bun with lettuce leaves, tomato and red onion slices, as desired; top with burger. Close sandwiches.
* Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
* Nutrition information per serving, using 80% lean ground beef.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 462; Total Fat: 24g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 97mg; Total Carbs: 29g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 31g; Sodium: 509mg;